CA Plex 6.0
From The CA Plex Wiki
CA Press Release, July 2007: http://www.ca.com/us/press/release.aspx?cid=150444
Microsoft case study: http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/casestudy.aspx?casestudyid=4000001132
C# Server Generator and .NET runtime
- Built on the .NET Framework 2.0
- Designed for runtime backwards compatibility (like the Java generator)
- Typically, no rebuild will be required when upgrading to a new release.
- OLE DB for data access (including MS SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2)
- Supports all Plex data access features (multiple db connections, Exec SQL, NULL values and so on)
- Supports Oracle and SQL Server from a single set of binaries (no re-gen and build like WinNTC)
- Designed to support additional db protocols in the future, such as SQL Native Client, without rebuilding.
- Rich interoperability with Java, System i, Unmanaged C++ and hand-coded .NET systems
- No need to redesign existing Plex client applications.
- Provides XML-based .NET DataSet interfaces to C# functions.
- Full pattern library support
- FOUNDATION and OBASE library variants
- New CSAPI library encapsulates useful C# source code objects.
- Plex Application Management Console for .NET
- All the functionality of the WinNTC Dispatch Manager and Environment Manager plus much, much more.
- Plex .NET Runtime runs either as a command-line app or a Windows Service.
- Detailed application management information on connected users, threads and database connections.
- Watch the video.
- Customizable Java ANT Build and C# MSbuild environments
- "Code Library" JAR file and .NET Assembly modeling
- Model-driven application packaging for .NET and Java
- Supports .NET assemblies and modules
- Supports digital signing of JARs and .NET assemblies
- Java runtime performance improvements
- J2SE 5.0 support
- Reusable Exec SQL prepared statement generation
- Object field support for easy integration with 3rd party Java and C# classes
- i5/OS Long Password Support
- Up to 128 characters long, dependent on QPWDLVL system value
- Supported by all connecting platforms (Java, C# and C++)
- Visual Studio 2005 support for Unmanaged C++ builds
- Standard edition or higher.
- Input validation for edit masks in Java Desktop Clients
- Default Mapping for API Calls and Messages